- A college may send any number of teams consisting of four students per team.
- All members of a team must be students of the same college.
- Since the competition would involve questions from different disciplines of science, it is suggested that the teams are chosen to ensure diversity in terms of expertise.
- Team members must be from 1st, 2nd or 3rd year of B.Sc., B.Tech., MBBS, Integrated Masters or equivalent programmes. M.Sc. students or 4th year and above students of any integrated course including B.Tech and other 4year courses are not allowed.
- Teams can decide their choice of centres at the time of registration. For all centres prelims will take place only if at least five teams choose that center. Although efforts shall be made to allot teams to the centre of their choice, IISER-Pune reserves the right of assigning a team to a centre that is different from the one mentioned during registration. However, in all such cases, the teams shall be informed well in advance.
- The preliminary round will be held on 12 January 2014 (Sunday), from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. The results shall be declared on or before 20 January 2014 at this website.
- All teams must report at the venue at or before 10.00 a.m.
- There is no entry fee for participating in Mimamsa.
- All participants need to carry their college ID cards for verification.
- At the venue of the Prelims, teams must produce completely filled bona fide forms, which can be downloaded from the website at the time of registration. Click here to download the Bona fide form.
- Participants are allowed to use (non-graphing) Scientific Calculators during the prelims.
- All participants in the prelims shall receive participation certificates.
- Top team from each centre (barring the finalists) will also get a Centre-first certificate.
The top four teams from four different colleges selected through the preliminary round shall proceed to the finals. No college shall have more than one team in the finals, irrespective of their performance in the prelims.
- The final rounds shall be held on 15 and 16 February 2014 (Saturday and Sunday) at IISER-Pune.
- Arrangements for accommodation will be made for outstation students. 3AC return fares from their respective cities to Pune will also be reimbursed.
- The winners shall receive the Mimamsa Rolling Trophy. All finalists shall receive mementos and attractive cash prizes.
- Decision of the judges will be final and binding on the participants.